Thursday, August 14, 2014

Watercolouring Card Set

Hey Lawnscapers from all over the world! Marina here and this is my very first post for Lawnscaping as part of the Facebook Inspiration Team.

For my first post, I thought I would share with you a simple card set that you can re-create for any occasion. I'll start by showing you a few steps I took to make it.

I started by die cutting a frame using the Stitched Journalling Card die and tracing the frame area on the card panel so that I know where to put my colours. 

Go crazy and have fun with whatever colour to play with. For this I used some red, orange and yellow watercolours to create this fun background. 

For the die cut panel, I added some white dots around it because who doesn't love polka dots right? :) And pop that up with some dimensional stickers. I simply took some of my favourite sentiments and heated it with some white embossing powders. 

The first card below, I used sentiments from Science of Love

The sentiments on the card in the middle is also from Science of Love and the one on the right is from Flutter By.


I would love to hear what you think of these cards. Hope that you've been inspired to dig out all those sentiments and make your own card set! :) 

Don't forget to subscribe to Lawnscaping blog to be inspired by the rest of the team. You can catch more of me on my blog and see you! 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, such a wonderful idea. And the colors really pop on kraft cardstock. I wouldn't have thought so. What cardstock did you use. Didn't it curl up when it came into contact with water?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sonja! I'm not sure what's the brand name but I bought it a local art store and it didn't state any brand name on it. I was pretty surprise at the result, the kraft paper took the watercolours better than I thought. Yes, it curled up but it let it sit under some heavy books overnight and it's fine after that :)

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty and sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! The water-coloring is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!