Wednesday, July 27, 2016

You're Fintastic, Best Fishes

Hey everyone! Christy here. I'm super excited to be featured on the blog today with another card for our Rainbow Challenge! A friend from my writer's group is moving away, so I decided to make a tri-fold card with a peek-a-boo window, depicting a fish transitioning from a tank into the ocean.


I combined images from Lawn Fawn's Fantastic Friends with a few from Mermaid For You for a little more variety. These sets play so nicely together. I created my background by drawing waves on some Bristol Smooth Surface paper using my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, then watercolored right over top and flicked on additional clean water for a bubble effect. I also watercolored my images in a rainbow of colors to fit our challenge.


I then glued my Bristol to the second panel of my tri-fold card and stamped a sentiment on the center panel, leaving plenty of white space for the entire group to write their messages. It was a big hit at her Going Away Party this week, and she said she's going to keep it up on her desk in her new home to remember us all by.


Our challenge ends this evening, so still have a few hours to enter if you haven't had a chance yet. I can't wait to see all your gorgeous rainbow colored projects! The winner will receive a FREE stamp set of their choice from Lawn Fawn! Definitely a great incentive.



Thanks so much for stopping by today!

SaveSave

5 comments:

  1. Wow! The scene is truly amazing! Love this idea of a card! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is beautiful! I love it!!! I so want to try the 3 fold card never thought to make one! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love a card with interesting fold techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!