Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Wheelie Like You By Christy

Hey everyone, it's Christy here with another card for our current challenge: Watercoloring! I was super excited that my feature fell during this one, because I adore watercoloring, and I just can't seem to get enough of it. Especially when there are so many awesome mediums out there to try. Today I wanted to play with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I've had them less than a month, so I'm still learning their unique properties and just having fun experimenting with them. And since I'm still in the middle of my 2016 Valentine Card Series on YouTube, I knew I wanted it to be a valentine card as well. So I pulled out the adorable Wheelie Like You stamp set by Lawn Fawn, and this little cutie was the result. I colored him to look like our guinea pig Cosmo, who passed away of old age last year. But I couldn't leave out his brother Sprocket, who is still thankfully with us, so at the end of the video I show you an additional card  that was colored to look like him. I hope you enjoy it.



If you're feeling inspired to create a card for our Watercoloring Challenge, you still have today to play along! I hope to see your project there! Have an awesome day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is sooo cute!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy, Cute card today! Getting used to the zigs, I see. What medium did you like the best for water coloring before the Zigs? I'm trying to decide what to purchase. I like the zigs, but still want a more "old fashioned" pan type and haven't bought one yet. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copics were my first artist-grade love, Jeanne. Or if you mean watercolors, then it would be Distress Inks or Distress Markers. Both of them I tap or scribble on an acrylic block and pick up with a paintbrush, so I use them in the same way. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  3. Love this adorable card Christie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this adorable card Christie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable...great tribute to Cosmo ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!