Thursday, October 8, 2015

No stamping autumn thanks

Hello.
Its Kate here today and i have four cards and not one single bit of stamping.
I wanted to show off some of my favourite dies from Lawn Fawn.


This first card was going to be my project for today but as I was making it my mind was just flowing with ideas so i went with them lol.
I wanted to just do some inlaid die cutting  but I only inlaid the leaves from the Stitched leaves dies.
Once each piece was cut I coloured it with distress inks.
Everything was adhered back in place and I wanted some extra detail so I used the awesome stitched borders dies...seriously these are the most versatile dies.
The scripty thanks sentiment was cut from black card stock and adhered over the leaves.
Everything was adhered and placed on a ready made  card blank.


Next up I started with a white panel and using a scrap piece of  card that had 3 of the small stitched leaves cut from it i used it as a stencil.
I covered the whole panel and overlapped the leaves and went through a range of distress inks in autumnal colours.
I had a spare large leaf die cut so coloured that in the same colours and added to the panel before placing the scripty thanks over it.
It was then finished with some gold glimmer  mist some gold sequins and gold twine from lawn fawn.


Card number three and that centre panel is the stencil i used on card two. 
No waste here :)
I simply used a scrap card and double sided tape and made a panel using the gold lawn fawn twine to go behind the open spaces.
Before adding the scripty thanks i added some drops of gold glimmer  mist to the panel.


And lastly I used the three small leaves left from making cards two and three. 
Again i coloured them with distress inks and then tapped the lower section of the leaves onto a gold inkpad.
I then did the same with the black scripty thanks.
They were all adhered to a white panel that had been die cut with the scripty borders.

Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

  1. Ohh!! What lovely fall cards!! Awesome job Kate! B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! I have these dies and the thanks... love them all. Love how you used them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your cards are beautiful! I love how each one looks different and love all of the fun techniques you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful fall cards!! Wonderful job Kate!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!