Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Watercolor Waving Hello with Christy

Hey crafty friends! Good morning! It's Christy here with another card for our current challenge: Distress Mania! I created by background by blending on a whole bunch of Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Gathered Twigs, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Evergreen Baugh, and a little Pine Needles. Then I took a paintbrush and flicked some water over top and blotted it away with a paper towel for an even more distressed look.

Then I watercolored my images from Mermaid For You with Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens, popping some of them up with foam tape and gluing others flat to the card to create the look of dimension. I thought I was done, but while snapping the photos, the mermaid's tail was just crying for some glitter, so I added some Stickles for a fun pop of sparkle here and there.

I hope you enjoy it! You still have a week to play along in our Distress Mania challenge. Hope to see your projects there!


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Another wonderful use of these stamps.... LOVE your card! fab background and colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christy ~ This card is wonderful!! Your blending and coloring is absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it, such a cute card and the background is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This entire layout takes me back to my childhood. The way you colored the seahorses reminds me of the seahorse characters in My Little Pony.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!