Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mini Kiddie Cards!

Hi!
Chrissie here today! I don't know about you, but once the holidays are over, the winter seems to drag on forever and it's, well, a drag! I live in the Chicagoland area, so not only does it seem like winter lasts too long, it's also pretty cold out there.  Even my kids start dreaming of bright and happy things. So, I know it's not the same, but I like to add a little happiness to their lunches.  :)

I used the new Pizza My Heart along with some sentiments from Lucky Stars and Sweet Smiles to create little notecards for lunches.  And keep in mind, you can do this for anyone, not just kids! My husband will probably do a face palm when he gets one of these, but I know it will make him smile.

To start, I cut some watercolor stock to 3x3.


Then, using a light Distress Ink color, I stamped a few of the pizza shapes.  I used Distress Ink because I knew it would fade away a little bit once water was added.  I wasn't going for a complete no-line look, but I didn't want a harsh black line.


Next came the sentiments.  I stamped them in VersaFine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I heat embossed it to protect the black ink from the water.  I didn't want it to run. I could have stamped the sentiments at the very end instead, but I also like the raised look of the embossing.  People that don't stamp always ask me how I get that look!


I used my Spectrum Aqua markers to "paint" in the color.  I scribbed the colors on an acrylic block and then used a water brush to pick up the color and water.


You can see I added some yellows for the cheese..


With some red along the edge to make it look all saucy underneath....


And, my last step watercoloring was adding some light colors to the background, just to soften up the harshness of the stark white stock.


To finish them up, I added some of the toppings.  I added mushrooms to the one pizza since my daughter and I are the only ones in our house that will eat them.  That card is for her.  Then I added hearts and stars to the other two cards.  :)




Here are a few shots of the finished pieces:



I also want to mention that I did all of these at the same time, in assembly line fashion. I stamped them, then colored, then added the final touches and adhered them to cardstock.  This is a great way to make Valentine's, Thank You's or any other cards you want to get done in mass quantities!

Thanks for stopping by today!


4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!