Wednesday, May 27, 2015

End of the Year Teacher Gifts

Hi everyone! Roxanne here today with end of the year teacher gifts that I came up with for both my boys. They each have 2 teachers, so I had to make this project affordable, cute and simple!

My husband always laughs at me, but I reuse all sorts of containers for gift giving. I think it's quite resourceful myself, but I do amass quite the collection of containers and jars and boxes...you get the idea here! For this project, I chose to reuse strawberry containers. Just the simple clear plastic ones you get at the grocery store. I washed them all out, let them air dry and began thinking of clever gifts to put inside.

I wanted to do a popcorn/candy and movie themes for these. I thought it was different and totally fun. Here is what I made up:
 


Inside the containers:
- About 1-1/2 cups of popcorn kernels
- Homemade popcorn seasoning inside a little jar (found those at the $1 spot at Target)
- Sixlets candies (also found in the $1 spot at Target; I bought 2 bags to split between all 4 gifts)
- 2 brown kraft paper bags (found on clearance at Micheal's for 19¢ each)
- AMC Theaters gift card





For the container, I simply measured the rounded indentation on the top and bottom of the containers to cover with fun papers. This hides the stickers I didn't want to sit and remove! What I did was make one for the outside and one for the inside of the container for both the top and bottom. I chose a double sided patterned paper and used one pattern on the outside and one on the inside. I simply rounded the corners and glued to the containers. Such a fun and simple way to repurpose a fruit container! Think of all the containers you could use - fruit, donut, muffin, egg cartons, jars, and so much more. The possibilities really are endless. It makes a fun presentation for gifts like gift cards that are more exciting to get when they're wrapped creatively. At least I think so.

For the tags, I chose coordinating papers to match the patterned papers I used to dress up the plastic containers. I did two different patterned papers and matching tags for each of my kids. I made 2 of each, as I had mentioned above, for the boys. I simply had them sign their names on the opposite side of the tags.



Here are the products I used for the tags and jar label:
- Lawn Fawn Scripty Thanks Lawn Cuts
- Lawn Fawn Happy Trails (the little clouds of exhaust I actually used for popcorn!)
- Lawn Fawn Tag You're It Lawn Cuts
- Lawn Fawn Triple Pack Natural Cord
- Lawn Fawn 6x6 Sweater Weather Petite Paper Pack
- Lawn Fawn Milo's ABCs
- Memento, Tuxedo Black Ink
- Versafine, Onyx Black Ink
- Spectrum Aqua Markers

The labels for the little jars of seasoning were also from the $1 spot at Target. I stamped "popcorn salt" onto the labels using Milo's ABCs. That font is so much fun!


I think this was one of my favorite teacher gifts I've created. I can't wait for the teachers to get them!!



So, save those containers and get crafty with them for gift giving this summer. AND if you have space to save them until then, they would make amazing holiday gift containers for gift giving - I can just picture a little loaf of bread inside one of these, or a line of yummy homemade cookies.

Thanks for checking this out! I hope you enjoyed my project today.





10 comments:

  1. So cute! I save containers too but have yet to repurpose them into a gift. Yours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So cute! I am a teacher and I would love that gift. So sweet and special with a homemade touch! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea to reuse the plastics container and of course, cute! :)
    #ecoliving

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic idea! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I ask about the brown paper sacks? You mentioned having two of them, so obviously not enough for one in each container. How were they used? Thanks! This is a lovely idea, and you've now got me thinking of ways to re-purpose containers....thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Each container holds two paper bags to pop the kernels included. :) you can pop them in the microwave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome and creative are these??!!!! Fun idea! I love to hoard containers too but never know what to do - love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!