Monday, April 27, 2015

Easter Candy Boxes

Hi everyone! It's Yuki here. I know it's not Easter anymore, but I wanted to share with you some cute Easter candy boxes I made for my family using non-Easter stamps. I actually don't have any Easter-specific stamp sets, so to improvise, I used the cute bunnies from the "Snow Day" set and created my own custom sentiment using "Harold's ABCs."


Lawnscaping Challenges: Happy Easter Candy Boxes by Handmade by Yuki | "Candy Box" Die and "Snow Day" by Lawn Fawn

I made a total of 4 candy boxes and they were super quick and easy to make. I colored the bunnies with Copic Markers and cut them out using the coordinating dies. I kept the coloring simple, but just added a touch of blush and shading to give them a little bit more depth. I used my black Sakura Gel pen on their eyes and noses to make them pop and added small white dots with my white Sakura gel pen. I used one of the frames from "Flirty Frames" to frame the sentiment. The center of the frames were stamped with the "Gingham Backdrops" stamp in light yellow ink (a bit hard to tell in the photo). I then lightly distressed the inside portion using "Antique Linen" distress ink. I then die cut the candy box die from "Let's Polka: Mon Amie" pattern paper 8 times. I filled the candy boxes with chocolate eggs and sealed them with yellow twine.

I hope you were inspired by today's post and would love to see what you create using this new candy box die! Thanks again for stopping by and be sure to visit the Lawnscaping Challenges Facebook page for even more awesome inspiration and visit my blog for a full list of supplies used to create today’s projects. And don't forget to check out the latest Lawnscaping Challenge: Sketch, you have until Wednesday to play along! ♥

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!