Thursday, November 15, 2012

spotted & hearted: winter owl edition

Hi lawnscapers!

Elena here, ready to love on a few projects.  When I'm stumped for inspiration, my favorite thing to do is see how other (and obviously more brilliant crafters) play with the images I have in mind to use... it's usually the perfect jumping off point to get my creative juices flowing!

Here are a few recent faves I've spotted from the fawnie flickr groups using "winter owl":


Annika's dark owls (so beautifully colored), with their different patterned scarves, resting on a strip of (what looks like) snowy patterned paper, and all against a stark white backdrop, is utter perfection.  Slow claps and huge grins for this one.


Crafty Dee colored her owl a rich, warm brown, and added fall touches for a different look.  I love his belly color - what a fun & unexpected touch!


Joyce opted not to color the owl at all, but cut him out of solid cardstock, and paper pieced the rest of the card in super fun patterns.  I a-d-o-r-e how different this looks and feels compared to the colored owls.  That's how you stretch your stamps, people!


And lastly, Ruth did some fancy mirror stamping, and added fluffy earmuffs to her owls. I don't even have words to write... I'm too busy crushing on this card.

I've been inspired, and I hope you have too! And ladies, here's a fun little badge for your blogs:


Please keep on adding your pictures to the lawnscaping flickr gallery - it could be your card that gets spotted & hearted next time!

In the words of my Dora-loving-toddler: adios, amigos!

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!! First, I LOVE every single card you made, especially the last one with the snowy branches and the owl couple--Just in awe!!!! :D And second, you ALWAYS know how to combine the perfect colors together to make everything pleasing to the eyes!!! Aaaaahhhh!! I can't brag enough about that last card!!!! I LOVE it!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you for your kind words and for 'spotting' my card. And, I love all the other cards, and can't wait to CASE them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!