Thursday, July 16, 2015

Scripty watercolour


Hello. 
I am  thrilled to be here with my first post. 
I wanted to combine two of my favourite things.....
Watercolour and scripty fonts.
I have 3 very different looks featuring both to show you.


First up I have gone all out rainbow ...another favourite thing :)
To start i simply heat embossed the scripty "thank you" from scripty sayings stamp set repeatedly in white. 
I staggered them so that they were not all on top of one another.
Then to add the colour i used some watercolour markers.
I drew on the colour then loosened it with  a very wet water brush.
Once that was all dry i die cut the scripty thanks and left the background white, although id like to try with black as i think there would be a better contrast.


Again have have stamped the scripty sentiment more than once however this time i used archival ink in black.
I changed the colours to and love how different it looks compared to the first rainbow of colours.


And finally very clean and simple with minimal watercolour.
The sentiment is again stamped in black archival ink as I'm using watercolours.
I used the long tail from the sentiment as somewhere to place the little flower from Gleeful gardens.
The flower was coloured with the same watercolour markers and once dried i added some wink of stella and glossy accents to it. 
All three cards are finished simply with some clear sequins.
Thanks do much for looking.



12 comments:

  1. I have the stamp sets shown. I cannot wait to try this method. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely water color cards! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, Kate! Looking forward to many more inspiring posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. All of these cards are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty!! I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your cards look amazing! Beautiful watercoloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous - all of them, but especially love your one with the flower - so simple and I love that it's on the scripty line. Just love water colouring! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!