Thursday, April 9, 2015

Watercolouring With Gold Embossed Images

Hi everyone! It's Marina! The Lawnscaping Challenge for this week is to add dimension/texture to your cards, so I thought I'd share with you a pretty straight forward way to use watercolour and make it look more "texture-y". I hope it will make sense later.




I wanted to use hearts, so I took two stamp sets, Bugs & Kisses and Science of Love. I took those solid & outlined hearts from these sets.



I've stamped them randomly and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder. I think I used Ranger Gold Embossing powder. I had painters tape to the sides because I wanted to have a clean white border around it. 


To add some shimmer to my watercolours, I used my Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium and dabbed it to my stamping block. I'll then add more watercolours to it and mixed them.


This gives a nice shimmering finish. This is my alternative to the Wink of Stella. I find that this is more cost effective because I paid more or less the same about if I were to buy one Wink of Stella. I highly recommend for you to get this.


I started to just add my watercolours to the card base. You can go as light or as dark as you want. I just wanted a mixed of both orange and pink. I dried the piece when I wanted to add more colours and make it look darker.

I added my sentiment and some strings to the back of my die cut piece with some gold sequins from Pretty Pink Posh to match and that's it! You can do this with any images you heart desires :)


Thanks for stopping by! I would love to see your take on this.

9 comments:

  1. That is really neat looking! And I LOVE that color; plus it looks amazing with the gold! GREAT layout, too; thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LIke the artsy look achieved with the watercoloring. Not heard of the W&N iridescent medium.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the gold embossing and the colors go perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card!!!love the gold on the embossing and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip about the sparkle ...very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marina ...I wanted to know if you have used the Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium on top of alcohol markers and how did you find it? jeandonny2000 at hotmail dot com

      Delete
    2. Hi Mary Anne, I've dropped you and e-mail but just in case anyone else sees this and would also like to know. I only have Copic markers. You can see the results on this card I've made : http://lawnscaping.blogspot.sg/2014/11/two-cards-using-mirror-stamping.html

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!