First - Here is my completed card.
Overall, I think my experiment didn't turn out too bad. The longest part of this whole process was drying time of the modeling creme. So - it literally took me several hours to complete this card from start to finish - so its not one to duplicate I don't think.
I die cut out the trees from white card stock, and I applied my DIY Stencil to my Smoke card stock panel, and applied the Modeling Creme, and I wanted a thin layer as possible. I removed my DIY stencil and allowed this to air dry for well over an hour...maybe even two. I knew I wanted to add some snow, so I took another stencil I have - the falling snow stencil and I used it to apply more modeling creme. I will use a line I have heard from the awesome Jennifer McGuire - we make handmade cards, not HallMark, so with that said when I went to remove my falling snow Stencil, it messed up my trees toward the top. I check it and it was dry - or so I thought, so I had to allow the snow to dry before fixing my trees. I reapplied my DIY stencil, and fixed as best as I could, my trees. They didn't turn out as smooth as I wanted, but I didn't want to scrap it after all the time it took to come as far as I did. So - I just set it aside again to dry. In the meantime, I stamped and die cut the Cardinal from this set - so pretty, and I die cut my sentiment "Joy" from the Lawn Fawn Die. I die cut a red layer and three white layers.
Below I wanted to share with you my DIY stencil. When going into this I knew that I would not be reusing this stencil, which is fine with me.
I hope this inspires you to look at your dies in a new way to use them as a stencil to see what cool creations you can make!
See you all again soon!