Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Congrats Card

Hey, it's Lizzy here with the Facebook Inspiration Team!  I was really loving the theme to our current challenge, so I decided to dust-off my unloved pigment inks and make a card. 



Don't you just love the new Penelope's Blossoms stamp set?  I utilized the ghost stamping technique and first stamped the floral bunch in white pigment ink and then stamped over with various colors of pigment ink.  I thought a little shading with some colored pencils would really bring the flowers to life, so I dusted those babies off too! 




I also used the coordinating banner and sentiment stamps to complete my card.  Super easy!  So easy, in fact, that I may just use the design to make a card set in the future.  


I hope you'll join us in the fun!  You have until Feb. 26 to enter the challenge

-Lizzy

10 comments:

  1. A gorgeous CAS design with lovely spring colours.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to come over to tell you how gorgeous this is! You just made me buy this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is beyond gorgeous! Great idea to add the shadowing with the pencils - those flowers just pop! Another set I definitely need :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous card! I love those colors on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so impressive. Never thought to stamp in white, then overstamp. Such a cool look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I already ordered this beautiful stamp set. I cannot wait for it to finally arrive.

    Lovely card.

    Yours,
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!