Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sunflower Book Marks

Hi Lawnscaping fans!! Kari here with you today from the FB Inspiration Team to show you these cute book marks I made using one of my new favorite sets from Lawn Fawn - Our Friendship Grows along with the coordinating dies.





Here pictured - I made three different ones decorating them three different ways.  It is actually hard for me to pick a favorite!!



For the first one - I stamped out the smaller of the two sunflowers, and stamped it out in Black Tuxedo ink, and added some color using my Copics, and then die cut the flower out using the coordinating die, and also some of the leaves using pattern paper from the Into The Woods 6x6 paper pad.  I thought it would be cute to have this flower backed onto some burlap - so I took a piece of burlap from my DCWV 6x6 pack of burlap and die cut a circle from it!!  Love it!  I also die cut a plain white circle from some white card stock and I adhered the front panel and the back panel to the jumbo paper clip with foam adhesive.  To finish this one off - I used my Wink of Stella glitter pen to add a bit of shimmer and some silk ribbon.



Next up - I stamped out the biggest sunflower in HA's Pumpkin Pie Shadow Ink - and once I did this - I knew I had to be careful coloring it in with Copics - luckily it didn't smear or run too much!  I wasn't thinking fully when I did this - but wanted to give it a shot anyway.  It worked out though.  Then, I wanted to die cut a small heart in the middle - so I used one of my small heart dies, and then I die cut two more circles from some Circus Peanuts card stock from Bazzill and I popped up the sunflower to give it some dimension and adhered it the same way as before to the paper clip.  I also added some shine on this one using the same glitter pen.


And, finally for the third one - I stamped and die cut another big sunflower - again coloring it in with Copics, but I stamped it out in Tuxedo Black ink again.  In the middle I used a 1" circle punch - punched the middle out - and then I die cut a scalloped design circle in more papers from the same 6x6 paper pad and popped up the flower.  I wanted to add the "HI" sentiment from the same stamp set, and then I just added a lot of glossy accents for something different!  Here is a closer look at the middle of the flower.




I knew once I saw this set - it could be used for some many cute things - and I knew I wanted to use these sunflowers to make these book marks!!  Hope this has inspired you to make your own with this awesome set!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
-Kari


7 comments:

  1. Adorable! I am LOVING that stamp set; I have SO many LF sets, but I think this one is my FAVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really sweet. What a cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome project, Kari! These would be so fun to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun project! I love this idea! Amazing job!

    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!