Friday, October 14, 2016

A Special Anniversary Card!

Hi, everybody! Suzanne here, and today I have a special card to share with you! My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary two weeks ago, so I wanted to make him a special card. 

One of our first vacations was a week-long trip to New Orleans. He would walk down to the Cafe' du Monde every morning and bring back beignets and coffee for breakfast. 


So, I put together this scene for the card front with two of the pups (and the speech bubble) from the limited edition "Happy Howlidays" Lawn Fawn Stamptember set. 

The beignets are actually rocks from Lawn Fawn's "Critters from the Past" stamp set. I stamped them in brown ink on kraft cardstock and used a white gel pen to make them look like they have powdered sugar on top.

Here's a close up of the card front:


The bows are from the "Critters at the Dog Park" set, and the plate is from the "Milk and Cookies" set. I made the floor with a strip of wood paper tape. The sentiment is from the "Sophie's Sentiments" set and I stamped it on paper from the "Let's Polka Mon Amie" petite paper pack.

I hope you enjoyed today's card! We'll have a new Lawnscaping challenge starting on Monday morning, and I hope you'll join us! Thanks so much for stopping by today!


5 comments:

  1. Lovely Suzanne!!!!! Love cards to our hubbies are special... they see us make so many cards.... I bet they feel so special when the card is for them.... to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Suzanne!!!!! Love cards to our hubbies are special... they see us make so many cards.... I bet they feel so special when the card is for them.... to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and this card is precious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so cute!Love it !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!