Wednesday, January 27, 2016

I Wheelie Like You By Christy

Hey everyone, it's Christy here with another card for our current challenge: Watercoloring! I was super excited that my feature fell during this one, because I adore watercoloring, and I just can't seem to get enough of it. Especially when there are so many awesome mediums out there to try. Today I wanted to play with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Pens. I've had them less than a month, so I'm still learning their unique properties and just having fun experimenting with them. And since I'm still in the middle of my 2016 Valentine Card Series on YouTube, I knew I wanted it to be a valentine card as well. So I pulled out the adorable Wheelie Like You stamp set by Lawn Fawn, and this little cutie was the result. I colored him to look like our guinea pig Cosmo, who passed away of old age last year. But I couldn't leave out his brother Sprocket, who is still thankfully with us, so at the end of the video I show you an additional card  that was colored to look like him. I hope you enjoy it.



If you're feeling inspired to create a card for our Watercoloring Challenge, you still have today to play along! I hope to see your project there! Have an awesome day!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christy, Cute card today! Getting used to the zigs, I see. What medium did you like the best for water coloring before the Zigs? I'm trying to decide what to purchase. I like the zigs, but still want a more "old fashioned" pan type and haven't bought one yet. Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Copics were my first artist-grade love, Jeanne. Or if you mean watercolors, then it would be Distress Inks or Distress Markers. Both of them I tap or scribble on an acrylic block and pick up with a paintbrush, so I use them in the same way. Hope that helps!

      Delete
  2. Love this adorable card Christie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this adorable card Christie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Fantastic coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable...great tribute to Cosmo ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!