Thursday, January 22, 2015

Let's Toast!

Hi everyone! Roxanne here with a cute little card today to show you. My son and I are going on a 2-night "camping" trip (I put that in quotes because hubby says if I'm in a cabin, I'm not camping!) and I really wanted to make a fun card that had a camping feel to it.



I used Radiant Neon Electric Blue ink for the sky. I sponged it on and faded it to white/light blue. I cut out the treelike using the Lawn Fawn Forest Border Lawn Cuts with a sheet of pretty green paper with tiny white dots from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Snow Day Paper Pack. I thought it was perfect for grass with a little snow falling down.

The moon was stamped onto a shimmery yellow cardstock in Memento, Tuxedo Black. I cut it out and used foam adhesive to pop it up off the sky in the upper right corner. I glued the tree/grass area onto my sky and used foam adhesive to pop that up off my kraft card base.

I chose to use the yeti from the Lawn Fawn Yeti, Set, Go! and colored him in with my Spectrum Noir Markers and paper pieced his belly with a piece of grey striped paper from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Let's Polka Paper Pack. It adds a fun little touch when you add small bits of paper piecing to your stamped and colored images!

I then took the wood stick from the Lawn Fawn Love You S'More set and stamped it onto kraft cardstock with Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa and cut that out leaving a small border. The marshmallows are also from the Love You S'More set. I used watercolor paper to stamp those on just because of the texture it gives like a slightly charred marshmallow. I colored them in with my Spectrum Noir Markers and added a little pink dot for cheeks. It gives them life even though ultimately, Mr. Yeti will enjoy them! I also stamped the sentiment (let's toast) onto the watercolor paper for texture in Memento Luxe in Rich Cocoa and cut that out around it. Stuck all of the colored pieces and sentiment down with foam adhesive.

There you go! I hope you enjoyed my little winter camping card!

8 comments:

  1. This card is too cute! LOVE the little marshmallows and your paper-pieced yeti! Have fun on your camping trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun - this cute card sure make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cute!! love those marshmallows with the little faces, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love the card and his little pattern paper-belly!! Enjoy your camping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so adorable, sure he loved it, have that die, hadn't thought about using for camping card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!