Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sweet Wishes from the Hedgehugs

Hi Lawnscapers, Roxanne here! I've got a cute little card today that I made for a bridal shower I attend this past weekend. She has a HUGE heart for animals, so I chose the adorable new Lawn Fawn set, Hedgehugs for this card. I LOVE it.

And here is the card:


I inked up the two hedgehogs and stamped them with Memento in Tuxedo Black onto my white card stock I used for coloring. I then stamped all those little hearts as well from the same Hedgehugs set. I colored them in using my Spectrum Noir Markers. I added the sentiment from the Lawn Fawn Milk & Cookies set in St. Valetine from my Staz-On Midi ink pad. I took my black Spica pen and added a glittery black dot over the "i" in wishes and on their little noses. The cheeks on the hedgehogs were colored in with my Spectrum Noir Blendable Colored Pencils. Adds just a sweet little element to the love for this card.

I cut that out in a large rectangle and adhered that to my kraft base. I then took the heart paper from the Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather 6x6 Paper Pad and cut those into strips and used them on the top and bottom of the card. I added a row of large pearls and the front is complete!

Now I did something special on the inside of the card. Since I was giving the couple cash for a gift, I don't like just sticking that into the card because when you open a card, it ALWAYS falls out. I decided to make a little pocket to hold the money. So simple and I think I'm doing this all the time for anything I give cash, check or a gift card. You can get creative too with how you present that inside the card! This was just a quick and fun way to do this.


I took the same kraft card stock as my base and cut it to the width of the card (4.25"). I then cut it to 3" tall and took a circle punch and punched out a half circle in the center so that it's easy to snag the money out of there. Plus, it's cute! I used the For You sentiment from the Lawn Fawn, Love You a Latte set and inked it up with Memento, Tuxedo Black and added the little heart in the St. Valentine/Staz-On red from that set as well. 

PHOTOSHOP TIP: I found this out while editing the images for this post. I took another photo of the pocket straight on with the cash sticking out of it just like this, but Photoshop wouldn't let me edit it! There was a pop-up window that appeared saying that it could not be used because the image featured a banknote. So a tip to you if you're photographing something like this, take it on an angle or my husband suggested using Monopoly money. Ha! Just be sure to swap it out before giving the card ;) 

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card and love the money pocket! And thanks for sharing that tip... I had no idea Photoshop did that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job and I love the little pocket, definitely will try that! Thanks for the money tip too, that's crazy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!