Monday, February 11, 2013

Masculine Valentine's Day Cards

Hello Friends!

Happy Monday to you all! Melissa, here today showing my version of a masculine Valentines Day card!

I know masculine cards intimate some card makers, including myself, so I asked my hubs to tell me what made a masculine card. I'll share his hints after the photo.


Ok, so here's the good stuff-man approved tips:
  1. No BOWS! If you must tie something pretty on the card, consider hemp or twine and only tie in a knot.
  2. KISS-Keep It Simply Silly (or Stupid, depending, haha!). Seriously, masculine cards are most likely clean & simple (CAS). So double practice points for trying masculine, you get to practice CAS also. Whoot!
  3. Think graphic, shapes, straight lines and more rustic embellies like staples, metal brads, etc when you're designing for a guy.
  4. And guys only glance at the card, so don't break a sweat! 
I hope you'll find making masculine cards easier now :)

Remember, you still have until Wednesday, February 13th to enter our current challenge:


The prize is a $25 gift certificate to our awesome sponsor, Simon Says Stamp!

Simon Says Stamp 

Have a great week!
Melissa




16 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for the tips. My hubby's card has a bow and some emblishments, maybe I should redesign!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! J/K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha!! Great tips!! And LOVE your card!! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your card...just perfect for a guy! Thanks so much for the hints on creating a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the tips...sooo true on all your points. Your card...amazing and lovin' that cute little crisscross staples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Melissa! The tips from your hubby sounds just like what mine would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. It's always so hard for
    me to come up with masculine cards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent masculine card-making advice, Melissa! I especially like #4...so true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heehee! Your tips makes me smile! AWESOME tips and perfect card for a guy! You rock at this , Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not even a year old & already among the "events stars"! I always look forward to your posts. Congrats!
    plastic card printing

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing...i like it..thanks for sharing.!! Plastic cards printing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charming and attractive designs easy to applicable..
    plastic business cards

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment. For immediate questions, please email Laurel at laurelkbeard at gmail dot com. Have a super day!